Following on the rough theme of easy, quick thai cooking recipes that i should realistically be able to knock up despite my culinary dsylexia, what we have here is a stir fry pork and prawn with egg fried rice.
This is another non spicy thai dish dispelling the myth that thai food is often spicy (although if you are a chili addict you could quite easily throw some in if necessary). If your looking to find out how to make egg fried rice or are looking for a bit of variation instead of adding the usual chicken – try this version.
Pork and prawn is a nice mix of flavours and consistancies and goes well with egg fried rice. This dish will take about nine minutes to cook up but does require fifteen minutes preperation beforehand – but only because you have to boil some rice up first.
Most of the ingredients are available in the local grocers and the most exotic ingredient is soy sauce so this thai cooking recipe is not to hard to recreate.
Ingredients (serves 2)
Pork Loin 150g
Soy Sauce 3 tbsp
Vegetable Oil 1 Tbsp
Onion 1/2 medium onion
Shelled King Prawn 150g
Tomato Sauce 2 Tbsp
Cane Sugar 1 tbsp
Rice 4 cups
Preparation (15 mins)
Boil some jasmine rice until cooked (about 10-12mins) and drain.
Cut the pork loin into thin strips and marinade it in soy sauce for 10 minutes.
Slice the onion into thin strips.
Peel the shrimps and slice the tails lengthways.
Cooking (10 minutes)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan on a high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add chopped onion to the oil and stir fry on a medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pork to the pan and stir fry with the onion until the pork changes colour.
- Add prawns to the pan and stir fry for a minute or two until they change colour.
- Add 2 tbsp of tomato sauce to the stir fry and add 1 tbsp of cane sugar. Mix into the stir fry and cook for a minute.
- Add in all the drained boiled rice and mix thoroughly into the stir fry. Cook for a minute stirring as you go.
- Take the stir fry out of the pan and put onto a side plate.
- Put a tablespoon of vegetable oil into the pan and heat through. Add the two eggs to the hot oil and break up and stir fry in the pan for a minute until the egg cooks through.
- Add back the fried rice into the pan and stir the egg into the fried rice.
- Take off the heat and plate up.